Safer Plastics For Drinking Water- Choose BPA Free Plastic Bottles

We are now in a plastics revolution where we are hearing how dangerous plastics are to our health and to our environment.  Some countries have banned the selling of plastic bottles that water and other beverages are sold in.  A safer plastic for drinking out of is BPA Free which is short for Bisphenol A.  BPA is a dangerous chemical that contains a hormone disrupter that can cause all kinds of health problems leading to more acid in your body.  People everywhere are concerned about the chemicals found in plastics and are making the switch.

Bisphenol A has been linked to increased risk of some types of cancer, neurological problems, obesity and many other health problems.  I monitor my body's alkaline level and I am an avid water drinker.  I drink only the best water available which comes from an alkaline water ionizer.  The properties of this water allow a faster absorption of nutrients so it only makes sense that it would also absorb dangerous chemicals more quickly than other types of water.  I got very concerned about using my old water container, especially because after years of washing it had scratches inside which leads to faster and more risky leaching making it even more dangerous.  I began my search for a BPA free bottle that I would love as much as my old one.

I wasn't looking forward to changing to a different style of drinking container until I found the CamelBak BPA free bottle.  I decided to take a chance and ordered one.  I love this bottle!  It holds one liter (34 ounces), has a screw top lid with a straw attached to the valve which is housed by the lid.  It also came with a bite valve on it but I found that piece tedious because I drink at least a gallon of water a day so this bite valve made my jaws sore.  I just took that piece off and it works great.  The valve you drink from is like an extension of the straw - another thing I like is drinking from a straw because it causes me to drink more water.  That valve flips down so that the bottle doesn't leak.  This bottle fits in most drink holders found in vehicles so it is very convenient.

Do your research on BPA.  I am certain you will look into changing what you drink out of, especially if you are health conscious and doing your best to alkalize your body.  If you are interested in the CamelBak BPA free bottle that I got, you can find it at  CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Bite Valve,Blue,1 Liter   It is inexpensive and attractive.  It is also easy to clean.  I just swish vinegar around it in once a day or every other day and it is just like new.  If you decide to get one, please let us know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment